Nutrients can be obtained from eating only one type of food.
Why is it important to eat foods each day from each of the five food groups?
No food or food group can supply the body with all the essential nutrients needed for good health.
What is a "balanced diet"?
a diet in which the various food groups are consumed in the right proportion
Select ALL of the following statements that are true about a daily food plan.
Food portions in restaurants tend to be much larger than serving sizes recommended.
In order to use My Plate properly, it is important to know your personal daily food plan.
Select the FIVE categories of My Plate.
Grain products are a good source of ____ and _____ .
Carbohydrates and vitamin B complex
_____ breads and cereals are better for your health because they provide your body with complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
At least half of your grain servings should be _____ products each day.
1. an excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A
2. linked to increased immunity and the destruction of toxic substances within the body
3. found in yellow and green vegetables and fruits
4. vitamin helpful in maintaining good eyesight and the treatment of infection
5. the type of sugar found in all fruits
6. table sugar
7. helps to keep the digestive system working properly and guards against colon cancer
8. where most of the fiber and vitamins are found in fruits and vegetables
2- Vitamin C
4- Vitamin A
Haven't found what you need?
Search for quizzes and test answers now