1. Although their concentration in the atmosphere is lower than carbon dioxide, AEROSOLS absorb Earth's outgoing radiation and cause warming of the troposphere.
2. When a component of the climate system is altered, the possible responses are known as CLIMATE feedback mechanisms.
3. Effects that reinforce the initial climate system change are called POSITIVE -feedback mechanisms.
4. Because they reflect sunlight back into space, TRACE GASES have a net cooling effect on the climate system.
5. Effects that produce the opposite results from the initial climate change are referred to as NEGATIVE- feedback mechanisms.